Sunday, June 23, 2024

Book Review: The Silent Patient

I just finished reading this Novel “The Silent Patient”. One day my wife came home from a book store and gave me this novel and asked me to read. When I got the novel from her, I quickly scanned it and made mind to read it. In fact I hadn’t read any book in the past few months and had been spending too much time on Neflix and social media. So just to re-cultivate the habit of reading books to which I was once addicted I started reading this book.




I would say the Novel is interesting and  filled with suspense and thrillers. The main strength of the Novel is, it can hook the readers throughout every pages and the readers will always have a feeling of “what will happen next?” at the end of every chapter. The Novel is about the story of an artist (Painter) who is admitted in a pschyiatric rehabilitation centre because of her mental condition and with the accusation of killing her husband who is a photographer. A therapist who has good intention of treating the artist applies for the job in the rehabilitation centre just to get close the artist, but in the end he turns out to be the murder of the artist’s husband. So this is the whole story in 3 lines. But the Novel has many twists and turns in the story and never fails to disappoint its readers. So in overall a good book for those who are interesting in reading thrillers and suspenses.



No comments: