Tuesday, May 22, 2007

'Wow! there is a vacancy Announcement"

[This is a article written by me, when I was a fresh graduate and was looking for job. Though currently I'm employed in a good organisation in a very responsible post, in the begining it was very difficult to get a job. Organisation used to reject my CV even without giving me a chance to appear in the interview just because I had no work experience. So at that time I had no other option than writing this article. Please go through it........ I think this is not a problem of only mine but of all fresh graduates.]


As soon as newspaper arrives in my home I glance through it to find the “vacancy announcement”. As I’ve just finished my Bachelors degree and must work for at least two years to join master’s degree, job is necessary for me. As I read the content on advertisement for vacancy I become very much excited on seeing “the applicant must have an educational qualification of bachelor’s degree” but what disappoints me is “the applicant must have a work experience of minimum five years”. I’m a freshly graduated and I haven’t worked anywhere yet. From where do I bring this five years’ work experience?

“Work experience! That too of five years!. It’s not for me” I murmur alone and throw away the newspaper.

I wonder why the job providers don’t understand the problem of freshly graduated job seekers like me. Why don’t they understand that nobody is born talented enough? Everybody learns things and acquire skills only after landing on this earth. Again if the job providers give employment only to the professionals with minimum work experience of five years then how do the fresher like me get the chance to be experienced? In a country like ours, where many people are unemployed if such trend of providing employment only to the experienced one continues, then there is likely that some people (the experienced one) become over-employed (One person working in more than one institution at the same time) and many remain unemployed. This is what we call unequal distribution of resources and for every society unequal distribution of resources is a sinister.

In my opinion what really must count among the job seekers are enthusiasm, perseverance, determination, dedication and capacity to work. Sometimes a freshly graduated professional with no work experience but with enthusiasm and perseverance may be fit for the same post in comparison to his counterpart with five or more years of work experience. I accept that I don’t have work experience but I have promising mind, innovative ideas, enthusiasm and dedication towards my work then why should I not be selected?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

i hope it has not happened to our sanjubaba. is it?

Unknown said...

sanjeev maistakely i put the comment of article relating to dating on the vacancy. Sorry la

Unknown said...

wow its really very heart touching for me as well. it is the story of many freshers like us not only u.