Sunday, October 19, 2008

I Love Loadshedding



I love load shedding. You might be wondering what a stupid person is this, who loves to live in darkness in this 21st century. But I’m not joking. I really love load shedding very much. I have once read somewhere, “If there is no any option to run away from something you hate the most, then try to love it”. I’m doing the same. Inverter is not yet installed and I hate the noise of generator. So to enjoy the service of our government (i.e. load shedding of 48hrs per week), I began enjoying the load shedding.

Really load shedding has changed my life. It has brought changes in my reading habits. Previously during summer when there was no problem of load shedding, I was busy most of the times surfing through the net, it used to be blogging, uploading photos in Hi5 and facebook, downloading songs and chatting with friends. In rest of the spare time I had to go through the course books. So I had very little time or none at all for my passion which was reading Novels. Thus it used to take almost one month for reading one Novel. Thanks to load shedding, because these days I love reading Novel in the evening time by sitting in the verandah, lighting a candle, a cup of coffee in one hand and book in the other. I really love that cool environment in the evening where there is darkness everywhere and a dim light of candle in my table only. I have made the schedule that whenever there is load shedding every evening I will read Novel in the candle light. Then see the results……. I have finished two novels in on week. Previously it used to take around one month to finish one novel. Thanks to load shedding I have already finished seven novels in just one month and there are still more waiting for me in the cupboard. I will finish them too soon because the load shedding is not going to decrease rather it is increasing.

Another opportunity Load shedding has provided to our family is of candle light dinner. Previously we had to go to either Thamel or Kingsway for Candle light dinner and it used to be just once in a month. Now we can have Candle light dinner three times a week. Oh my god! I just love that environment during dinner time in our kitchen where we all family members sit together in dining table and have candle light dinner. We all have gone so crazy that during the day of load shedding in the evening we just wait for load shedding so that we can have candle light dinner. Thanks to the government and Nepal electricity authority for this wonderful Load shedding. I love this load shedding.

3 comments:

Sweta said...

I used love loadshedding as well but my dad's too conscious about our "studies" so he spend money over inverter..and we don't have to live without light..and I miss those candle light dinners..and I remembered one incident ..that I needed to do my homework and I had promised and challenged my friends tht tomorrow i will bring my homework and that day..there was no light and I was so stubborn I lighted a candle..and what happen you know..I burned my copy...LOL.. and then never thought of doing tht...
But few months back..I lighted diyos..and read..my course book..and that time I was feeling awesome...
Nice words...
We need to live in Nepal ni fren..aba Nepal ko ta accept garnu nai paryo ni ....

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I liked this article which inspired me to utilize the time for doing some creative works during load shedding rather to spend in seeing the TV serials using the inverter. However, in my mind some confusion is there; aren't you criticizing the government load shedding or you are encouraging the govt. to have loadshedding?