Wednesday, October 29, 2008

One day ride to "Mattikhan"

Sorry mom I lied to you. Had I told that I’m going to Mattikhan with my friend on bike you wouldn’t have allowed me to travel that long journey on bike. That’s why I lied to you and told that I’m going in my previous office’s vehicle with my colleagues and also told that I was invited to participate in training as a facilitator. But all this was fake. Neither I was invited as facilitator in the training nor I was going in the office vehicle. I was going on bike with Pankaj and Rajesh and our sole purpose was just to travel in bike in a long journey in a new and beautiful place.

Mattikhan lies in boarder of syangha and Kaski district. It is one of the potential tourist destinations. It can be a good destination for hiking and trekking from Pokhara. It takes around 6-7 hrs to reach to Mattikhan by walking from Pokhara. We were in Bike so we reached in around 2 hrs. As it is in the hill, there is already a tower of Gandaki FM and I’ve heard that world link is also going to build another tower in Mattikhan. According to the senior citizens living there on a clear day, from Mattikhan we can watch 22 districts from Mattikhan. I don’t know whether it is true or false……but if it is true then Mattikhan can be a new tourist destination near by pokhara and the only spot in Nepal from where we can see maximum number of districts.


Me and Pankaj on the way to Mattikhan



Mattikhan provides a very different view of Pokhara city. From Sarangkot (another hot destination in Pokhara) one can see the Phewa lake and north parts of Pokhara valley. But from Mattikhan we can see the complete view of Pokhara valley except that of phewa lake. As we move more towards Syangha we can see the tail part of Machhapuchhre. The view of Machhapuchre seen from here is completely different from what we see from Pokhara.

Anyway, Rajesh, Me and Pankaj had a nice ride to Mattikhan of Syangha district. We enjoyed the panaromic view of Pokhara from there….a complete and distinct view which we have never seen before from Sarangkot and Kahun danda. I also enjoyed one more dashain and tihar vaccation day by riding to a new and different location in Pokhara. While returning we took a new and short cut way. It was new way which joins chhorepatan with Mattikhan and the road was still under construction. People were still working on it while we were riding. But still we rode through this road and returned to Pokhara at around five in the evening.


Rajesh and Me in Mattikhan


1 comment:

Recentfusion.com said...

Thanks for this information about Mattikhan. I also was there in Mattikhan two years before for the first time as the villagers were declaring this village as a tourist destination amidst formal function in the hilltop. I again went there later but unfortunately I couldn't see any views of Annapurna Range. I hope my third chance will be welcomed with snowcapped mountain range.

Rup Narayan
www.recentfusion.com