Saturday, November 1, 2008

The Magic of Magik



I was never impressed by the promos of the movie “Rock On”. When I first heard the songs, they were also not good to my ears. I had always thought like “this type of movie is not my cup of tea.” So after seeing the promos of “Rock on” I had made my own perception about this movie which was like this “this must be a musical film and there is no any story …….. so I’m sure I wouldn’t like this film”. Due to my own false perception I didn’t watch the movie though I had many opportunities to watch it in my computer as well as in Cinema Hall.

But today when I went to Jiban’s room, just before I was about to depart he offered me “lets watch the movie Rock On together”. Jiban also had the same perception like me about this movie. And lately he had grown desire to watch the movie as he had heard lots of positive feedback about the movie from his friends. As I was also free, I accepted the offer and we together watched the movie in his laptop.

I have now realized how wrong was my perception about the movie. The movie is so good and I developed such perception without watching it. It reminded me one quote “Never judge a book by its cover”. And I did mistake by judging the movie just by it’s promos. This movie is about four young guys and their band Magik. The movie is also about friendship, misunderstandings, scuffles and reunion. The way the film has presented the story is very good. It reminded me of somehow of the movie “Dil Chahta Hai”. I can’t count how many times I have watched this movie (Dil Chahta Hai) and I will watch it many times in the future as well. Dil Chahta Hai and Rock On have many things in common but still I enjoyed watching the movie Rock On very much (but not as much as I enjoyed while watching Dil Chahta Hai). Fahrahn Akhtar (The director of Dil Chahta Hai and one of the lead actors in Rock On) is marvelous. I envy him. How do these guys become so talented yar…………

I don’t know what magic is there in the songs played by the Magik, the songs which were not good to my ears in the beginning are now pleasant to my ears. I have all the songs of Magik in my mobile and I play them at least once in a day.

No comments: